1907–1989 | British actor, producer, director
Distinguished British stage actor whose film appearances were reasonably frequent
Received an honorary Academy Award in 1979 ‘for the full body of his work, for the unique achievements of his entire career and his lifetime of contribution to the art of film.’
Latest Laurence Olivier Pictures
+ Show all films (15 more)
Watch Laurence Olivier on British television
- Marathon Man (1976)
- Monday at 10.45pm on Sky Cinema Crime and Thriller HD
- A vicious Nazi returns from Uruguay to New York in search of diamonds that had been kept for him by his now-dead brother, and is outwitted by the young brother of an American agent he has killed.
- Henry V (1944)
- Tuesday at 12.45am on Talking Pictures
- Shakespeare’s historical play is seen in performance at the Globe Theatre in 1603; as it develops, the scenery becomes more realistic.
- Spartacus (1960)
- Tuesday at 2.20pm on Sky Cinema Select HD
- The slaves of ancient Rome revolt and are quashed.
- Richard III (1955)
- Wednesday at 1.20am on Talking Pictures
- Shakespeare’s play about Richard Crookback, his seizure of the throne and his defeat at Bosworth.
- The Jazz Singer (1980)
- Wednesday at 1pm on True Entertainment
- Wednesday at 2pm on True Entertainment Plus 1
- Oddly timed reprise of The Jazz Singer, with doting mother replaced by patient wife.
- The Jigsaw Man (1983)
- 25th January at 3pm on 5Spike
- 25th January at 4pm on 5Spike Plus 1
- 25th January at 4pm on 5Spike
- A British traitor in Moscow is given a new face and sent back home, where he becomes a double agent.