1913–1988 | British actor
Distinguished English leading man, on stage from 1934
Born in Margate, Kent, Trevor Howard studied acting at RADA. His best roles were as Dr Alec Harvey in Brief Encounter (1945), Dr Barnes in Green for Danger (1947), Major Calloway in The Third Man (1949), Scobie in The Heart of the Matter (1953), Walter Morel in Sons and Lovers, Captain Bligh in Mutiny on the Bounty (1962), Lord Cardigan in The Charge of the Light Brigade (1968) and as the Inspector in The Night Visitor (1971). Married for 44 years to actress Helen Cherry.
Latest Trevor Howard Pictures
Trevor Howard Biographies
+ Show all films (29 more)
Watch Trevor Howard on British television
- The Way to the Stars (1945)
- Monday at 4.50pm on Film4 HD
- Thursday at 11am on Film4
- World War II as seen by the guests at a small hotel near an airfield.
- Aces High (1976)
- Saturday at 11.10am on itv4 HD
- Saturday at 12.10pm on itv4 Plus 1
- In the air force during World War I, young pilots are needlessly sacrificed.
- Battle of Britain (1969)
- Saturday at 6.25pm on Channel 5 HD
- Saturday at 7.25pm on Channel 5 Plus 1 (Freeview)
- Summer 1940: England defends itself against aerial onslaught.
- Mary, Queen of Scots (1971)
- Sunday at 12.45am on more4 HD
- The story of Mary Stuart’s opposition to Elizabeth I, her imprisonment and execution.
- Triple Cross (1966)
- 27th May at 6.30pm on Movies4Men
- A small-time crook imprisoned on Jersey at the start of World War II offers to spy for the Nazis but reports to the English.