Margaret Lockwood pays a visit to Luton Town Hall in 1948
Margaret Lockwood visits Luton on February 16, 1948 to see the town at work and is greeted at the Town Hall by the mayor, Cllr W.J. Edwards, before she visits Skefko, Vauxhall and Electrolux and two cinemas – the Odeon in Dunstable Road and the Palace in Mill Street, whose manager, Mr S. Davey, had arranged the tour. Alongside her is photographer George Gurney, who joined the Luton News in 1930 and retired in 1969. George and his trilby hat were well known around town as he covered thousands of events.