Today, Wednesday, 23rd June
What a Carve Up! (1961)
- Today at 3.10am on GREAT! movies classic
- Today at 4.10am on GREAT! movies classic Plus 1
A madman fakes his own death in order to murder his relatives.
The Floating Dutchman (1952)
- Today at 6am on Talking Pictures TV
Two London dockers find a dead Dutchman floating in the Thames.
Footsteps in the Fog (1955)
- Today at 8.05am on GREAT! movies classic
- Today at 9.05am on GREAT! movies classic Plus 1
A Victorian murderer plans to eliminate his blackmailing maid.
Murder, She Wrote (1984–96)
Paint Me a Murder (1985, S1, Ep 15)
- Today at 9.10am on 5USA
Jessica visits a beautiful Mediterranean island to celebrate the birthday of a famous artist – but soon finds herself hunting for his killer.
Albert, RN (1953)
- Today at 12.20pm on Paramount Network HD
- Today at 1.25pm on Paramount Network HD
Prisoners of war construct a lifelike dummy to cover the absence of escaping prisoners.
This Happy Breed (1944)
- Today at 12.45pm on Film4 HD
Life between the wars for a London suburban family.
The Astonished Heart (1950)
- Today at 1.55pm on Talking Pictures TV
A psychiatrist is permitted by his wife to fall in love with another woman, but finds the situation intolerable and kills himself.
The Cockleshell Heroes (1955)
- Today at 2.50pm on GREAT! movies action
During World War II, ten marines are trained to travel by canoe into Bordeaux harbour and attach limpet mines to German ships.
- Today at 2.55pm on Film4 HD
During the Jacobite rebellion, a young boy is sold by his wicked uncle as a slave, and is helped by an outlaw. 1971 version.
Dead of Night (1945)
- Today at 3pm on London Live
An architect is caught up in an endless series of recurring dreams, during which he is told other people’s supernatural experiences and finally murders the psychiatrist who is trying to help him.
The Secret Invasion (1964)
- Today at 4.55pm on GREAT! movies action
During World War II five convicted criminals become commandos.
The Earth Dies Screaming (1965)
- Tonight at 9.05pm on Talking Pictures TV
An astronaut returns to Earth to find the planet has been ravaged by killer robots, and joins the few human survivors in a desperate fight for freedom.
- Tonight at 10.20pm on Talking Pictures TV
A South African mining engineer falls for the boss’s granddaughter and exposes a conspiracy.