Friday, 16th April
A Case for Dr Morelle (1957)
The Blackmailer (1957, Ep 5)
- Friday at 1am on BBC Radio 4 Extra
Dr Morelle probes the dealings of a mysterious Spanish count.
Nothing But the Night (1973)
- Friday at 1.20am on Talking Pictures TV
The trustees of an orphanage die off mysteriously, and it seems that the orphans themselves are responsible.
Tunes of Glory (1960)
- Friday at 2.55am on Sony Movies Classic
- Friday at 3.55am on Sony Movies Classic Plus 1
The new disciplinarian CO of a Highland regiment crosses swords with his lax, hard-drinking predecessor.
Hot Enough for June (1964)
- Friday at 3.05am on London Live
- Friday at 3.40pm on London Live
A penniless writer is sent to Czechoslovakia on a goodwill mission and finds himself being used as a spy.
Kind Hearts and Coronets (1949)
- Friday at 4am on Sky Cinema Greats HD
An impecunious heir eliminates eight D’Ascoynes who stand between him and the family fortune.
Tales of the Unexpected (1979–88)
Galloping Foxley (1980, S2)
- Friday at 4.30am on Sky Arts HD
- Friday at 1.30pm on Sky Arts HD
A man on a train journey is convinced that the passenger seated opposite him is a bully from his schooldays.
Father Goose (1964)
- Friday at 6am on Sky Cinema Greats HD
- Friday at 2.25pm on Sky Cinema Greats HD
During World War II, a South Sea wanderer is compelled by the Australian navy to act as sky observer on a small island, where he finds himself in charge of six refugee schoolchildren and their schoolmistress.
A Case for Dr Morelle (1957)
Voice in the Night (1957, Ep 6)
- Friday at 6am on BBC Radio 4 Extra
- Friday at 1pm on BBC Radio 4 Extra
- Friday at 8pm on BBC Radio 4 Extra
Dr Morelle investigates death threats made to an elderly spinster.
- Friday at 7.05am on Sky Cinema Select HD
The life of the young Indian advocate who became a revolutionary, a saint and a martyr.
The Great Lover (1949)
- Friday at 7.10am on Sony Movies Classic
- Friday at 8.10am on Sony Movies Classic Plus 1
On a transatlantic liner, a timid scoutmaster catches a strangler.
The Saint (1962–69)
The House on Dragon’s Rock (1966, S6)
- Friday at 7.15am on ITV4 HD
- Friday at 8.15am on ITV4 Plus 1
Templar is summoned by the local doctor to a Welsh village where residents fear a nearby research laboratory.
Agatha Christie’s Miss Marple (1984–92)
Sleeping Murder (1987, S2, Ep 6)
- Friday at 9am on Alibi HD
A young bride moves into a country manor and long-repressed childhood memories of witnessing a murder come to the surface.
Billy the Kid (1941)
- Friday at 9.45am on TCM Movies HD
- Friday at 10.45am on TCM Movies Plus 1
A young Western outlaw is relentlessly pursued by Sheriff Pat Garrett.
Caesar and Cleopatra (1945)
- Friday at 9.50am on Talking Pictures TV
An elaborate screen treatment of Bernard Shaw’s comedy about Caesar’s years in Alexandria.
Conduct Unbecoming (1975)
- Friday at 11am on Sony Movies Action
In an officers’ mess in India in the 1890s, a cadet is accused of assault on a lady, but the real culprit is a paranoiac who has taken to pig-sticking in quite the wrong way.
The Pickwick Papers (1952)
- Friday at 12.20pm on Talking Pictures TV
Various adventures of the Pickwick Club culminate in Mrs Bardell’s suit for breach of promise.
Assassin for Hire (1951)
- Friday at 1pm on London Live
A professional killer is trapped into admitting to a murder he didn’t do.
- Friday at 2.25pm on Talking Pictures TV
The naïve young second wife of a Cornish landowner is haunted by the image of his glamorous first wife, Rebecca.
What a Carve Up! (1961)
- Friday at 3pm on Sony Movies Classic
- Friday at 4pm on Sony Movies Classic Plus 1
A madman fakes his own death in order to murder his relatives.
Fortune Is a Woman (1957)
[as She Played With Fire]
- Friday at 4.50pm on Sony Movies Classic
- Friday at 5.50pm on Sony Movies Classic Plus 1
An insurance assessor investigates a fire, finds a murder, marries the victim’s widow and is blackmailed…
Where There’s a Will (1955)
- Friday at 6.30pm on Talking Pictures TV
A London family inherits a dilapidated Devon farm and makes a go of it.
Our Man in Havana (1959)
- Friday at 6.45pm on Sony Movies Classic
- Friday at 7.45pm on Sony Movies Classic Plus 1
A British vacuum cleaner salesman in Havana allows himself to be recruited as a spy, and wishes he hadn’t.
The Innocents (1961)
- Friday at 9pm on Talking Pictures TV
In Victorian times, a spinster governess in a lonely house finds her young charges possessed by evil demons of servants now dead.
Triple Cross (1966)
- Friday at 9pm on Sony Movies Classic
- Friday at 10pm on Sony Movies Classic Plus 1
A small-time crook imprisoned on Jersey at the start of World War II offers to spy for the Nazis but reports to the English.
Closing the Ring (2007)
- Friday at 10pm on London Live
An old woman consumed by grief following the death of her husband receives a message from a stranger who claims to have found a ring belonging to her that was lost decades before.
- Friday at 11pm on Talking Pictures TV
After World War II, the career of a neurotic society woman has parallels with the problems of western Europe.
Ship of Fools (1965)
- Friday at 11.30pm on Sony Movies Classic
In 1933, a German liner leaves Vera Cruz for Bremerhaven with a mixed bag of passengers.