Thursday, 21st January
First Men in the Moon (1964)
- Thursday at 12.10am on Sony Movies Classic
- Thursday at 12.10am on Sony Movies Classic Plus 1
A Victorian eccentric makes a voyage to the moon and is forced to stay there.
- Thursday at 12.35am on Talking Pictures TV
The German sergeant hero of Cross of Iron survives the Western Front and involvement in an anti-Hitler conspiracy.
- Thursday at 1am on HGTV
Antiques experts Thomas Plant and Claire Rawle search for valuable items at Leicester’s De Montfort Hall, and presenter Paul Martin discovers a collection of Picasso ceramics curated by Richard Attenborough.
Little Women (1949)
- Thursday at 1.25am on TCM Movies HD
- Thursday at 2.25am on TCM Movies Plus 1
The growing-up of four sisters in pre-Civil War America. 1949 remake.
Home and Away (1956)
- Thursday at 2.25am on Talking Pictures TV
A man’s luck suddenly changes when he wins the football pools.
From Here to Eternity (1953)
- Thursday at 5.20am on Sky Cinema Greats HD
Life in a Honolulu barracks at the time of Pearl Harbor.
Operation Crossbow (1965)
- Thursday at 7.25am on TCM Movies HD
- Thursday at 8.25am on TCM Movies Plus 1
In World War II, trained scientists are parachuted into Europe to destroy the Nazi rocket-making plant at Peenemünde.
- Thursday at 7.40am on Sony Movies Action
A city clerk discovers he has the power to work miracles (given him by supportive gods) and nearly causes the end of the Earth.
Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton (2000, S3, Ep 10)
- Thursday at 10am on Sky Documentaries HD
The relationship between Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton, who began an affair during the filming of Cleopatra and ended up marrying twice.
- Thursday at 10.30am on Talking Pictures TV
In Victorian Glasgow, a well-to-do young woman is accused of murdering her lover, but the verdict is ‘not proven’.
Cottage to Let (1941)
- Thursday at 11am on Film4 HD
Evacuated to Scotland, a Cockney helps prevent spies from kidnapping his inventor foster-father.
Much Too Shy (1942)
- Thursday at 11.15am on Sony Movies Classic
- Thursday at 12.15pm on Sony Movies Classic Plus 1
A gormless handyman gets into trouble when the portraits of his lady clients are sold to an advertising agency with nude bodies added to them.
Ministry of Fear (1944)
- Thursday at 12.50pm on Film4 HD
An innocent man recently released from a mental hospital inadvertently takes possession of a piece of microfilm meant for a Nazi agent, and finds himself on the run from both the police and the Nazis.
Murder at 3am (1953)
- Thursday at 2.30pm on Talking Pictures TV
A police detective suspects that his sister’s boyfriend is a murderer.
The End of the Affair (1955)
- Thursday at 2.55pm on Sony Movies Classic
- Thursday at 3.55pm on Sony Movies Classic Plus 1
In wartime London, a repressed wife has an affair with a writer but develops religious guilt that leads indirectly to her death.
The Sand Pebbles (1966)
- Thursday at 3.50pm on Sony Movies Action
In 1926, an American gunboat patrolling the Yangtze river gets involved with Chinese warlords.
The Greengage Summer (1961)
[as Loss of Innocence]
- Thursday at 5.05pm on Sony Movies Classic
- Thursday at 6.05pm on Sony Movies Classic Plus 1
A young girl staying at a hotel falls in love with a jewel thief but is accidentally responsible for his capture.
The Mirror Crack’d (1980)
- Thursday at 6.35pm on Talking Pictures TV
Murders result from the making of an all-star film in an English village.
Father Brown (1954)
[as The Detective]
- Thursday at 7.10pm on Sony Movies Classic
- Thursday at 8.10pm on Sony Movies Classic Plus 1
A Catholic clergyman retrieves a priceless church cross from master thief Flambeau.
Our Man in Havana (1959)
- Thursday at 9pm on Sony Movies Classic
- Thursday at 10pm on Sony Movies Classic Plus 1
A British vacuum cleaner salesman in Havana allows himself to be recruited as a spy, and wishes he hadn’t.
Casino Royale (1967)
- Thursday at 9pm on ITV4 HD
- Thursday at 10pm on ITV4 Plus 1
- Thursday at 10.05pm on ITV4 HD
- Thursday at 11.05pm on ITV4 Plus 1
The heads of the allied spy forces call Sir James Bond out of retirement to fight the power of SMERSH.
The World at War (1973–74)
France Falls (1973, S1, Ep 3)
- Thursday at 10pm on Yesterday
French politics, the Maginot Line, the Saar Offensive, Blitzkrieg warfare and the Nazi invasion of France and the Low Countries.