Wednesday, 21st April
- 21st April at 1am on HGTV
Antiques experts Thomas Plant and Claire Rawle search for valuable items at Leicester’s De Montfort Hall, and presenter Paul Martin discovers a collection of Picasso ceramics curated by Richard Attenborough.
Closing the Ring (2007)
- 21st April at 1am on London Live
An old woman consumed by grief following the death of her husband receives a message from a stranger who claims to have found a ring belonging to her that was lost decades before.
- 21st April at 1.30am on Talking Pictures TV
A killer taunts the police with clues sent to a radio quiz show.
Gone with the Wind (1939)
- 21st April at 5.25am on TCM Movies HD
- 21st April at 6.25am on TCM Movies Plus 1
An egotistic Southern girl survives the Civil War but finally loses the only man she cares for.
A Case for Dr Morelle (1957)
The Black Ruby (1957, Ep 9)
- 21st April at 6am on BBC Radio 4 Extra
- 21st April at 1pm on BBC Radio 4 Extra
- 21st April at 8pm on BBC Radio 4 Extra
Dr Morelle probes a fabled gem’s authenticity.
- 21st April at 7.30am on Sky Cinema Sci-Fi/Horror HD
- 21st April at 9.35pm on Sky Cinema Sci-Fi/Horror HD
A team of experts goes to investigate how an island used as a breeding ground for the recreated dinosaurs of Jurassic Park has become a self-supporting eco-system.
Tales of the Unexpected (1979–88)
Poison (1980, S2)
- 21st April at 9am on Sky Arts
A young teacher working in India is petrified when he wakes to discover a poisonous snake sleeping on his stomach.
The Professionals (1977–83)
Everest Was Also Conquered (1978, S1)
- 21st April at 9.20am on ITV4 HD
- 21st April at 10.20am on ITV4 Plus 1
A death-bed confession reveals that the key witness in a major corruption trial did not commit suicide as was believed, but was murdered by the police officers assigned to protect her.
- 21st April at 10.30am on Talking Pictures TV
A headmaster on his way to a conference is delayed by circumstance.
Lord Jim (1965)
- 21st April at 10.35am on Sony Movies Classic
Adventures of a sailor who prowls the Far East looking for truth; he helps enslaved natives, is raped by a tribal chief and finally sacrifices his life.
Appointment with Danger (1950)
- 21st April at 11am on Film4 HD
A nun becomes the government’s chief witness in identifying the murderers of a US postal inspector.
For Better, for Worse (1954)
- 21st April at 1pm on London Live
Tribulations of a young married couple.
- 21st April at 1.40pm on Sony Movies Classic
- 21st April at 2.40pm on Sony Movies Classic Plus 1
Sherlock Holmes solves the mystery of a supernatural hound threatening the life of a Dartmoor baronet. 1959 Hammer version.
Angels One Five (1952)
- 21st April at 2.45pm on London Live
A slice of life in an RAF fighter station during the Battle of Britain.
Ship of Fools (1965)
- 21st April at 9pm on Sony Movies Classic
- 21st April at 10pm on Sony Movies Classic Plus 1
In 1933, a German liner leaves Vera Cruz for Bremerhaven with a mixed bag of passengers.
The Shillingbury Blowers (1980)
- 21st April at 9.05pm on Talking Pictures TV
A pop star and his wife move to a village, where his new conductorship of the local brass band causes ill-feeling.