Wednesday, 3rd June
The Long Haul (1957)
- Wednesday at 12.25am on Sony Movies Classic Plus 1
An ex-US Army trucker leaves Germany to take a job in Britain and runs into an organised crime syndicate.
Father Goose (1964)
- Wednesday at 6am on Sky Cinema Drama HD
During World War II, a South Sea wanderer is compelled by the Australian navy to act as sky observer on a small island, where he finds himself in charge of six refugee schoolchildren and their schoolmistress.
- Wednesday at 9.50am on Sky Cinema Greats HD
The slaves of ancient Rome revolt and are quashed.
Esther Waters (1948)
- Wednesday at 11am on Film4 HD
In the 1870s, a maid is seduced by a squire, but insists on bringing up her child without help.
The End of the Affair (1955)
- Wednesday at 12.45pm on Sony Movies Classic
- Wednesday at 1.45pm on Sony Movies Classic
- Wednesday at 1.45pm on Sony Movies Classic Plus 1
- Wednesday at 2.45pm on Sony Movies Classic Plus 1
In wartime London, a repressed wife has an affair with a writer but develops religious guilt that leads indirectly to her death.
Appointment with Danger (1950)
- Wednesday at 1.10pm on Film4 HD
A nun becomes the government’s chief witness in identifying the murderers of a US postal inspector.
The Flemish Farm (1943)
- Wednesday at 3.25pm on Talking Pictures
An attempt is made to retrieve a buried flag from occupied Belgium.
The Professionals (1977–83)
The Female Factor (1978, S1, Ep 2)
- Wednesday at 4.50pm on ITV4 HD
- Wednesday at 5.50pm on ITV4 Plus 1
Bodie and Doyle investigate the murder of a prostitute, but their only clues are a pornographic film and a Eastern bloc-backed plot to blackmail a prominent politician tipped to become a future prime minister.
The Way to the Stars (1945)
- Wednesday at 5pm on Film4 HD
World War II as seen by the guests at a small hotel near an airfield.
They Met in the Dark (1943)
- Wednesday at 7.10pm on Talking Pictures
A Blackpool theatrical agent is really a master spy.
What a Carve Up! (1961)
- Wednesday at 11.20pm on Sony Movies Classic
A madman fakes his own death in order to murder his relatives.