Sunday, 1st November
A Good Read
Rebecca Abrams and Matt Ridley
- 1st November at 3.30am on BBC Radio 4 Extra
Kate Saunders is joined by Matt Ridley and Rebecca Abrams to discuss books by by Elizabeth Taylor, Gerald Durrell and Charles Dickens.
- 1st November at 3.35am on Sky Cinema Greats HD
The slaves of ancient Rome revolt and are quashed.
Cotton Queen (1937)
- 1st November at 6am on Talking Pictures TV
Two fiercely independent Manchester mill-owners agree, after many misunderstandings, to co-operate.
Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton (2000, S3, Ep 10)
- 1st November at 6am on Sky Documentaries HD
The relationship between Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton, who began an affair during the filming of Cleopatra and ended up marrying twice.
Tales of the Unexpected (1979–88)
Death Can Add (1982, S5, Ep 10)
- 1st November at 8.30am on Sky Arts HD
An employee defrauds his investment firm out of greed and revenge, but is blackmailed by its auditor.
Discovering: Dirk Bogarde (2017, S9, Ep 7)
- 1st November at 10am on Sky Documentaries HD
Movie experts reflect on the career of Dirk Bogarde, the great English actor known for his complex roles in the dark films Victim, Death in Venice and The Night Porter.
The Rose of Puddle Fratrum (1978, S3, Ep 2)
- 1st November at 10.30am on Talking Pictures TV
A TV producer travels to a small village in search of a reclusive ex-ballerina to convince her to take part in a documentary.
Vote for Huggett (1949)
- 1st November at 11am on Talking Pictures TV
A plot of land owned by a family ends up at the centre of a conflict between a firm of solicitors and the local council.
State Secret (1950)
- 1st November at 12.45pm on Talking Pictures TV
In a Ruritanian country, spies pursue a surgeon, the only man who knows that the dictator is dead.
Wuthering Heights (1939)
- 1st November at 1.35pm on 5Select
- 1st November at 2.40pm on 5Select
The daughter of an unhappy middle-class Yorkshire family falls passionately in love with a gypsy who has been brought up with her.
The Navy Lark
The Lighthouse Lark
- 1st November at 2pm on BBC Radio 4 Extra
First aired in 1960."
Talking Pictures (2013)
Kenneth More (2015, S2, Ep 6)
- 1st November at 2.15pm on BBC Two HD
A look back at the television and film career of one of 50s British cinema’s greatest stars.
Reach for the Sky (1956)
- 1st November at 2.45pm on BBC Two HD
Douglas Bader loses both legs in a 1931 air crash, learns to walk on artificial limbs and flies again in World War II.
Another Man’s Poison (1951)
- 1st November at 3.15pm on Talking Pictures TV
A lady novelist poisons her husband and lover, then unwittingly takes a fatal dose herself.
Lunch Hour (1963)
- 1st November at 3.40pm on London Live
An executive’s affair with a young woman at work goes wrong when he hires a hotel room for a lunchtime meeting.
BFI Southbank Screenings
- The Innocents (1961)In Victorian times, a spinster governess in a lonely house finds her young charges possessed by evil demons of servants now dead.
Tuesday, 6.10pm, NFT6
Sunday, 8th November, 12.45pm, NFT2
Thursday, 12th November, 8.40pm, NFT6