Filter by: All channels
View by: Day
Wednesday, 6th July
The Abominable Dr. Phibes (1971)
- 6th July at 12.05am on Talking Pictures TV
A disfigured genius seeks out the surgeons he holds responsible for his wife’s death and bumps them off in ever more elaborate ways.
Tomorrow We Live (1943)
- 6th July at 3.25am on GREAT! movies classic
- 6th July at 4.25am on GREAT! movies classic Plus 1
A British agent in German-occupied France suspects a local woman of conspiring with the Nazis. John Clements, Godfrey Tearle, Hugh Sinclair.
Watership Down (1978)
- 6th July at 4.50am on Sky Cinema Greats HD
A colony of rabbits seek a new home following a vision of the destruction of their warren. John Hurt, Richard Briers, Michael Graham Cox.
Oh! What a Lovely War (1969)
- 6th July at 6.40am on Sky Cinema Select HD
A fantasia with music on World War I. Wendy Allnutt, Colin Farrell, Malcolm McFee.
- 6th July at 9.30am on Sky Cinema Greats HD
In the time of Christ, a Jew suffers mightily under the Romans. Charlton Heston, Jack Hawkins, Haya Harareet.
Never the Twain (1981–91)
Nothing but the Truth
- 6th July at 11am on London Live
David and Lyn make a pact to tell each other the truth no matter what – though their fathers don’t think honesty is always the best policy.
Ministry of Fear (1944)
- 6th July at 11am on Film4 HD
During World War II in England, a man just out of a mental hospital wins a cake at a village fair and finds himself caught up in bewildering intrigues. Ray Milland, Marjorie Reynolds, Carl Esmond.
Operation Amsterdam (1959)
- 6th July at 12pm on Talking Pictures TV
In 1940, spies are sent into Holland to prevent the invading Germans from finding Amsterdam’s stock of industrial diamonds. Peter Finch, Eva Bartok, Tony Britton.
- 6th July at 1pm on GREAT! movies classic
- 6th July at 2pm on GREAT! movies classic Plus 1
An army officer deliberately starts the Balaclava charge to even an old score with Surat Khan, who’s on the other side. 1960s version. Trevor Howard, Vanessa Redgrave, John Gielgud.
The Best Man (1964)
- 6th July at 1pm on London Live
Two contenders for a presidential nomination seek the support of the dying ex-president. Henry Fonda, Cliff Robertson, Edie Adams.
The Black Tent (1956)
- 6th July at 2.25pm on Film4 HD
During a Libyan battle, a wounded army captain is cared for by Arabs and marries the sheikh’s daughter. Ten years later after his death, his son elects to live with the tribe. Donald Sinden, Anthony Steel, Anna-maria Sandri.
Hands of the Ripper (1971)
- 6th July at 9.10pm on Talking Pictures TV
Jack the Ripper stabs his wife to death in view of his small daughter, who grows up a sexually repressed murderess. Eric Porter, Angharad Rees, Jane Merrow.
- 6th July at 10.20pm on Sky Cinema Greats HD
In 1879 British soldiers stand fast against the Zulus at Rorke’s Drift. Stanley Baker, Jack Hawkins, Ulla Jacobsson.