Tuesday, 11th August
A Bridge Too Far (1977)
- Tuesday at 12am on TCM Movies Plus 1
The story of the Allied defeat at Arnhem in 1944.
The Jazz Singer (1980)
- Tuesday at 1am on Talking Pictures TV
Oddly timed reprise of The Jazz Singer, with doting mother replaced by patient wife.
For the Love of Ada (1970–71)
- Tuesday at 5.30am on Talking Pictures TV
Walter encourages Leslie to assert his masculinity after some interference by Ada.
What a Carve Up! (1961)
- Tuesday at 7.45am on Sony Movies Classic
- Tuesday at 8.45am on Sony Movies Classic
- Tuesday at 8.45am on Sony Movies Classic Plus 1
- Tuesday at 9.45am on Sony Movies Classic Plus 1
A madman fakes his own death in order to murder his relatives.
Appointment in London (1953)
- Tuesday at 9am on Sony Movies Action
The exploits of a squadron of Bomber Command during one month in 1943.
The World at War (1973–74)
Banzai! (1973, S1, Ep 6)
- Tuesday at 9am on Yesterday
The rise of the Japanese Empire, the Sino-Japanese War, the Soviet-Japanese border conflicts, Pearl Harbor and the early Japanese successes in the fall of Malaya and Singapore.
Richard E Grant’s Hotel Secrets
- Tuesday at 12pm on Sky Atlantic HD
- Tuesday at 1pm on Sky Atlantic Plus 1
The actor learns what it means to be treated like a VIP in some of the world’s finest hotels.
The Captain’s Table (1959)
- Tuesday at 1pm on London Live
A cargo skipper is given command of a luxury liner and has to watch his manners.
Murder Most Foul (1964)
- Tuesday at 1.30pm on TCM Movies HD
- Tuesday at 2.30pm on TCM Movies Plus 1
Refusing to return a guilty verdict, juror Miss Marple makes her own murder investigation backstage at a third-rate repertory company.
Tomorrow at Ten (1963)
- Tuesday at 1.35pm on Talking Pictures TV
A crook kidnaps a small boy and locks him up with a time-bomb while he makes his demands in person. When the kidnapper is killed, the police have to hunt against time.
Happy Go Lovely (1951)
- Tuesday at 3.30pm on Talking Pictures TV
A chorus girl meets a millionaire during the Edinburgh Festival.
The Pumpkin Eater (1964)
- Tuesday at 3.40pm on Sony Movies Classic
- Tuesday at 4.40pm on Sony Movies Classic
- Tuesday at 4.40pm on Sony Movies Classic Plus 1
- Tuesday at 5.40pm on Sony Movies Classic Plus 1
A compulsive mother (of eight children) finds her third marriage rocking when she gets evidence of her husband’s affairs.
The World at War (1973–74)
On Our Way (1973, S1, Ep 7)
- Tuesday at 6pm on Yesterday
The opposition to the USA’s entry into the war, Lend Lease, U-boat attacks on Atlantic convoys and America’s graduated responses, the mobilisation of America after Pearl Harbor, the loss of the Philippines, the Doolittle Raid, Midway and Guadalcanal.
They Who Dare (1954)
- Tuesday at 6.55pm on Talking Pictures TV
During World War II, a group of British soldiers are sent on a raiding expedition to Rhodes.